Caspian Business Forum New York
Tuesday, September 25 5:30PM- 9:00PM
On September 25th, policy and business leaders from the United States and the Trans-Caspian corridor countries will come together from 5:30 PM to 9 PM in New York City to discuss the economic and political outlook of the Caspian region and review project financing, banking, and regulatory frameworks.
Building on the strategic partnerships forged between the U.S. and the corridor countries, the Caspian Business and Finance Forum presents a leading platform to unfold the opportunities that can benefit business communities both from the U.S and Caspian region countries.
Together with the Embassies of Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, and Turkmenistan, the Caspian Policy Center is partnering with the United States Chamber of Commerce to host a panel of senior officials from the region to discuss business, investment, financing opportunities and challenges.
5:30 P.M: Doors open
6:00 P.M: Opening Remarks
- Efgan Nifti, Executive Director, Caspian Policy Center (CPC)
- Gary Litman, Vice President of Global Initiatives, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
6:10 P.M: Ambassadorial Keynotes
- E. Elin Suleymanov, Ambassador of Azerbaijan
- E. Erzhan Kazykhanov, Ambassador of Kazakhstan
6:25 P.M: Keynote Remarks on Regional Outlook
Moderator: Gary Litman, Vice President of Global Initiatives, US Chamber of Commerce
- Ambassador Alice Wells, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of South and Central Asian Affairs, U.S. Department of State
- George Kent, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs, U.S. Department of State
- E. Adela Raz, Deputy Foreign Minister for Economic Affairs of Afghanistan
- E. Elmar Mammadyarov, Foreign Minister of Azerbaijan
- E. Vakhtang Makharoblishvili, Deputy Foreign Minister of Georgia
7:50 P.M: Panel on Business and Investment
Keynote Speaker: David Bohigian, Executive Vice President (OPIC)
Moderator: Luke Coffey (CPC Advisory Board Member)
- Ambassador Robert Cekuta, CPC Advisory Board Member
- Bronson Picket, CBO, OBIE Technology
- E. Robert Scher, Head of International Affairs, BP
- Murad Heydarov, Advisor to the President, SOCAR
- Giorgi Tskolia, Deputy Chief of Mission, Georgia)
9:00 P.M: Panel concludes, and guests are encouraged to stay for a networking reception.